Thursday, March 26, 2009

Family Circus

A long awaited news of a wedding finally reached us. My hubs came to me beaming with the glad tidings. Our unmarried cousin was finally tying the knot.
'But', he cautioned me at the end of the news, 'you're not to tell anyone NOW. People (by which term he meant the parents and well wishers of the cousin) do not want Mr.X to know of this wedding for fear he may spoil it, as is his wont.'
'Fear not Oh spouse of mine', I assured him, 'This shall not pass my lips.' (And TECHNICALLY it didn't. I'm only typing about it here!!)

Further digging by yours truly unearthed the facts behind the alliance - who arranged it, how it was arranged and such details. 
I have to digress a little here. A deplorable condition that I have observed while in conversation with most men - they seem to leave out all the important albeit small details that make a news so interesting. If I had got the news through a female relative, I wouldn't have needed to dig at all.
Anyway, I was used to the digging and to my surprise heard Hubs saying unconcernedly that Mr.Y was instrumental in bringing about the match.

'Mr.Y?', I queried Hubs, 'He is the matchmaker? And you're asking ME to keep my lips sealed?'
Hubs was confused. 'What is the connection?'
'Have you any idea how we are related to Mr.Y in the first place?', I asked him, knowing quite well he hasn't.
I got the expected reply. 
'No-o-o. I just know him as Y Uncle.' 
'My poor child, you call him Y uncle because he is Mr.X's brother-in-law!'

I got the desired effect. Hubs was flatly surprised. 

A few days later he gave me an update - 'Its quite alright. It seems Mr.Y has promised not to let Mr.X know of the alliance until the last minute'.
Danger averted. What a relief!

Ahh.. the family intrigues. What will life be, without them!!!

3 comments:

Spica said...

Who? Who? Who?

Reveal all, ye mortal!

oh, second thought: please tell *puppy dog eyes *

King Vishy said...

"Technically" :D LOL.. I love technicalities..

tamizh said...

:) comedya iruku padika..

latesta shakespear book padichiyo!