Sunday, October 22, 2006

Chillunu oru....comedy!

It is a rainy morning. I'm picking my way gingerly across the waterlogged streets to office. My umbrella is all that protects me and my bag from the lashing rains. My sandals are very slippery in the water. I'm trying to strike a balance between my doddling umbrella and my slippery sandals.
A lady , similarly adorned, approaches me from the opposite direction and passes me slowly. Suddenly she arrests me with a "Excuse me". I turn around and turn an enquiring glance at her. She points at my legs and says something.
Immediately I think that my duppata end is in the water and check it. It isn't.
I'm sorry to say I'm not very polite at the instant and I just ask her "What?".
A man passes us and points to a nearby transformer which at the moment is spewing out sparks because of the rain and warns us to move on. The lady gives a glance at the transformer and turns back at me with a guilty smile and repeats her question.
When I hear the question, all my struggles with the umbrella ceased. I'm frozen to the spot.
The question she threw at me was..."Where did you buy these sandals?". I answered with the name of the shop. She smiled at me (the same guilty smile) and went on her way.
I tell you, I admire her observant powers that were predominant even in the lashing rains and the morning rush hour.
Kudos to you Ms. Holmes!

7 comments:

Bala said...

Next time u see that lady, don forget to observe HER sandals !

Nivi said...

hey andha sandals a? edhuku kaettu eruppanga theriyuma... "to avoid goin to tht shp" :)

and y is tht for the past few days everyone noticing feet n sandals? any clues? ;) sure u know,... lol...

finally...nice n different blog.... :)

Girl of Destiny said...

thnx niv...ur SUCH a friend!

Hameeduddin said...

post a pic of the sandals herein...lets see what the fuss is all about :)

Girl of Destiny said...

awww Shah, the unknown, the unrevealed (is there a word?), the mysterious always creates more excitement than the reality aint't it?
Let my sandals belong to that mystic realm!!!


---Andha sandals ku indha build up konjam over than! ;)

Hameeduddin said...

hey chk out a sample short story on my blog and tell me what u think

Hameeduddin said...

And yes...the sandals are all urs... ;)