Sunday, October 01, 2006

Who is this "Me" person anyway?

I've come across numerous quotes ever since I got myself an email account. Most of them aim at developing my personality. I've attended few seminars on the same and also have come across such books.
Most of them are fond of saying
"Be yourself"
"Find yourself"
"You are the best no matter what others say"
"You are the most unique person"
and more in the same vein.
All that's fine...but none of them tell me how to find "myself". They say 'analyse your actions'. Like, how? There's another one that says "You have to first lose yourself to find yourself". OK, so how do I "lose" myself? You gotta tell me that too!
The second most bewildering are those stories with the so-called analogy! For example, they tell me a story that may involve stones, sticks and sand... these stories will normally end in a moral that's so hazy that it'll hide a good sized house...then they tell me "and that's how we should live our life". I will be like "hullo? what???"
Most of these stories are wasted on me since I never have the patience to sit and think about how it maybe connected to my life!
For people like me, we need a very personal personality developer, one who comes with us every step of our life and tries to improve our personality by analysing each of our actions. (am I being too lazy here?)
If you can't do that, and all you can do is just preach us stories and throw quotes filled with the so-called power words then, kindly leave us alone! Let our humble little personalities develop their own way. Let us learn on our own from the syllabus Ma Nature has charted out for us :-)

9 comments:

Nivi said...

ha ha.. ther is no such book as u ask for... y don u write one??? [;)]

I will be ur first subscriber..

Hameeduddin said...

They make life so difficult dont they?..first find out who u r...then figure what u wanna become..then decide how...gosh!...cant we jus be?

Bala said...

some try to teach..
few try to preach..
hardly they reach..
but the lessons
will get stored in batch
so that we snatch the right catch !
No one can change u except her..u kno her well..ur SELFISH self !
:->

Girl of Destiny said...

nivi, me write a self-help book? I'll probably end up in a book that helps only one self. ME! :D

Girl of Destiny said...

Shah, ditto! :)

Girl of Destiny said...

hey bala...good one!

Thiru said...

romba aniyayathukku yosichi irukka mathi...
ippidi unna maadhiri great ppl eludhura sentences dhan appuram inspirational quotes-a maarididhu.. "Let us learn on our own from the syllabus Ma Nature has charted out for us" -kum "Be yourself"-kum periya difference number of words dhan.. renduthukku orey meaning dhane, illaiya???

Girl of Destiny said...

thiru....nanba.....romba yosikka vechitta nee!

Thiru said...

:)