Saturday, September 01, 2007

Life of a Celebrity ;-)

I went to the pharmacist near my home to get some medicines. I was visiting the shop after a long time period, maybe 3 months. I got what I wanted and was waiting to pay. The shop assistant looked at me and asked, "Ma'm, don't you want ------?" (naming a medicine I used to use sometime back frequently). I looked up at him, surprised that he remembered and told him "No I don't buy it now".
"Oh if you do, don't go to any other shop Ma'm, always come to ours", he said.
"Ya. Sure. Whatever", I replied, still in a daze that he remembered stuff like that!

Another day, I went to get a wallet at a big departmental store near my home. I was browsing through their selection, when the salesgirl came up to me. You would expect her to say "May I help you with something?". I did too.
But what she said was, "You back from office early today, Ma'm?".
I was startled and looked at her and gave her an enquiring look. (When I'm surprised or startled, I tend to lose my vocalising ability!)
She smiled at my surprise and told me, "We see you everyday, passing by our shop in the evening".
I said "Oh". (not very good with words, as I said earlier!!)
I was even more surprised at her usage of "we". Then I saw her fellow salesman standing behind her a little way off, giving me the same smile as her.
"Oh....Uh....that's very nice....Uh....Yea I came back early from office..."


Well, now I know what a celebrity must feel like!!*tongue in cheek*
It must be tiring to lose your privacy and have complete strangers come up to you and recite your daily schedule,likes and dislikes!
Although I won't say that I didn't like these two little exchanges! As a human being, it does feel nice that others take notice of you!
:-)

7 comments:

Juvenile - J said...

ha... now u know, how i feel...
its so hard to be famous.. ufff.. ;)

Travelling Soldier said...

:-) It happens only in India... Trust me, you dont see it anywhere else in this world !!!

Girl of Destiny said...

but..are you sure??
I've heard of such stuff happening outside of India too!! Not in large departmental stores maybe...but sure at li'l mom n pop concerns!

Travelling Soldier said...

hmmm... i dont think so !!!

தேன்மொழி said...

hello... etho avan Customer relations management therinjavangala irunthirukkanga..
avanga business kaaga etho thaaja panna solli irukkanga,,
madam romba than celebrity range ku karpanai pannikareengala?..
intha maathiri avan oru naal la ethana per kitta solli iruppan !!
ayyo ayyo !!!

Anonymous said...

ohoooo ohhohohoohhooo...
oru ooril .... uruvaai oruthi irundhalam, andha paatla vara maadhri illa?? adhuthu sooriya introduce aaga poranu nenaikren..

Nivi said...

ha ha .. i know y those ppl were watching u when u passed by... he he he..

how many times shld i have to tell u to change the way u walk... ;)