Monday, August 20, 2007

Night to Remember

The city makes you blind. The city spreads a sheet of artificial light over your eyes. It clouds the true beauty of the night with it's dust and dirt. You don't get to see the pale pearly glow of the moon, nor of the pin pricks of twinkling lights of the far away stars.

I was visiting relatives in the countryside and was lucky to 'sleep under the stars' one night. At first, sleep I couldn't. Instead of the usual concrete , my ceiling was the inky blue sky. Instead of a boring(but necessary!) fan, my ceiling was filled with stars. They all grouped right above my head. The stars wanted to be with me. They spoke strange secrets. I could not feel the world around me anymore. I felt among the stars. I was looking at them, talking to them. There were also two shooting stars who gave me a glimpse of their celestial beauty. That was the night I felt one with the universe.

Slowly, the stars put me to sleep. When I woke after a short deep sleep, they were clustered no more over my head. They had drifted apart. I could see tiny blinks yonder. But they were few and far between. They had moved away. I wonder why.

3 comments:

Nivi said...

did u make a wish when u saw a shooting star? :)

I'll relate those clustered stars to be ur confused mind..

Girl of Destiny said...

the shooting star was too fast. it had disappeared before my mind could even think about making a wish!

hey..good analogy! so the confusion disappeared after sleep? ;-)

Nivi said...

yeah thts how i took it when i came to stars-moving-away part...