Thursday, August 02, 2007

Rues of a bus traveller

Do you travel by bus? Frequently? Have you ever noticed how you're always crowded in your seat? No? Is it only me then?
I'm lucky to board my bus at it's starting point. I normally get good seats. Its only as the bus goes its way picking up more people that the trouble starts.
The females who insist on sitting with me are
a) fat (very).
b) puny but with arms and legs sticking out all over the place
c) normal sized but with huge packages slung over their arms and shoulders.
If I ever get the good fortune to sit with a neat woman, she almost always gets down the next busstop and any one from the species described above will come to be my seat partner.
If you shrug and say that I'm just overreacting, listen to this.
The bus is almost empty when I get in. I choose a seat that I consider perfect (not too close to the driver and not too far from the door). All other seats except one are empty. I repeat, All.
This woman gets in, with a tremendously large aluminium basin filled with odds and ends. She comes straight to my seat like a homing pigeon (crossing empty seats on her way), thrusts the basin under the seat (right where my feet are) and sits oh-so-nonchalantly next to me, supremely unconcerned that she's digging her elbow in my ribs. Wait, the fun doesn't end here. I find to my horror that the odds and ends are actually FISH. Oh, the smell. It was my ingrained politeness that made me shift my seat without a murmur at her.
I tell you, somebody out there is out to get me!!!!

6 comments:

Juvenile - J said...

wat can i say mat..

its that charisma in u.. which attracts al kinda people.. or is it the odor.. ;)

u beter start using a deo mat.. ;)

Nivi said...

ha ha... I totally agree with Vinod's comment..;)

Also mat... put on some weight.. in tht case noone will come and sit next to u...

Juvenile - J said...

ha ha..
very true nivi..

Girl of Destiny said...

loose pasangala...
vinod: check ur nose my child.
nivi: loosi...i kno u just want me to give u company in the fat girls club!ha ha ha..never!

Senthil said...

prachanai illa mithi.. saravana store aa vaera edathukku maathu :)

Girl of Destiny said...

good idea senthil.
Epdi panradhu num sollidu
;-)