Thursday, April 24, 2008

My Unchained Melodies

'I've tagged you', said she, Maddie, my friend in the blog realm. I checked it out with apprehension. My fears were unfounded! I'm supposed to listen to songs while answering harmless questions. Well, now that's the kinda tagging that I like!

All you need is your music player in the shuffle mode and your ability to press the 'next track' button. Each new track is the answer to each question.

Here's my set... the original Question, the song selected and my voice!

If someone says “is this okay?” You say?
Written on the Wind - Wet Wet Wet

...and get beaten up by them or get more of the weird looks I always get.


What would best describe your personality?
Konjum Mynaakkale - Kandukonden Kandukonden

Whoa! Cool... it so does :-)


What do you like in a guy/girl?
Kariye Na - Taal

I have no idea what this means. Any of my hindi-literate friends, tell me what's this?

How do you feel today?
Ballelakka Ballelakka - Sivaji

yooooohooooo I do!


What is your life’s purpose?
Radha Kaise Na Jale - Lagaan

I know what this means and what kinda stupid purpose is to sort out the relationship issues of another girl? I'd have more fun picking my nose.


What is your motto?
Enakkoru Girl friend Venumada - Boys

Oh dear god. No. No and * shakes head vehemently * NO.


What do your friends think of you?
Bye Bye Bye - NSync

Why would they do that? :-(


What do you think of your parents?
Minnale Nee Vandhadhenadi - May Maadham

Huh???


What do you think about very often?
Rangeela Theme - Rangeela

Thinakatha tha thinakka dhin dhin tha. Thinakka tha thakida na na na.
Actually, yes. My 'thinks' are usually as much lucid as this.


What is 2+2?
Kalyana Maalai Kondadum Penne - Pudhu Pudhu Arthangal

Shouldn't the question be 1+1 to fit the answer??


What do you think of your best friend?
We Will Rock You - Queens

Oh ye! If I'm with her, we definitely will!


What do you think of the person you like?
Nilavu Thoongum Neram - Kunguma chimizh

As long as the person I like is supposed to be my boyfriend :-)


What is your life story?
Where's the Party Tonight - KANK

Alright. People who know me: stop that laughing RIGHT NOW!


What do you want to be when you grow up?
Fool Again - Westlife

Once is more than enough I think!


What do you think when you see the person you like?
Eno Kangal - Kalvanin Kadhali

ohhh...* blushes * ... and ohhh... * blushes some more *


What do your parents think of you?
Shape of My Heart - Backstreet Boys

Yeah right.


What will you dance to at your wedding?
Kaadu Potta Kaadu - Karuthamma

At my wedding?? My poor groom will have a heart attack.


What will they play at your funeral?
Thoduven Thoduven - Deepavali

Meaning they'd like to join my eternal rest? Stupid winamp. The song should be swapped with the previous!


What is your hobby/interest?
Ennai Konjam Maatri - Kaaka Kaaka

Awesome pick. Riding an open jeep with Surya along ECR!!! That's definitely my interest!!! Hmmm, winamp's not so stupid after all.


What is your biggest secret?
Wind of Change - The Scorpions

Right, and if you can understand this kinda biggest secret you gotta be a rocket scientist.


What do you think of your friends?
A Whole New World - Aladdin

In a way, yea!


What should you post this as?
Unchained Melody - Righteous Brothers

Meaning that should be my post title? Sounds good :-)


Now as per the unbreakable rules set by the sacred tagging community, I shall have to rope in more people! And my victims are
Chitra, Tamizh, Preethika, Chriz, King Vishy, E.C.D and S.G.P

Hope you guys have as much fun doing this! Switch your players to Shuffle mode and get set go!

16 comments:

JK said...

Adungada enna(mathi) suthi... :-)

King Vishy said...

ROTFLOL.. Super!! enjoyed reading thru all along, and planned to ask ur permission to take the tag on even if u had not tagged me.. Pleasantly surprised to see my name in the list!! :) This is one tag I would love doing..

And girlfriend/bye bye bye/2 + 2/where's the party tonight/Fool again/eno kangal/kaadu potta kaadu - too good! :D

Superficial Gibbering prater said...

I am done wid the TAG.I guess the punishment is now for u,to read it :P

Uma said...

good answers

wrt "kariye na" means dont do literally

but in the song it means
dont make promise to anyone ....if u make a promise ,dont break it...



the song goes on like this




it goes on like this
Kariye na ho kariya na
Kariye na kariya na koi vaada kisise kariya na
Kariye na kariya na koi vaada kisise kariya na
Kariye kariye ho ho
Kariye kariye to vaada phir todiye na
To vaada phir todiye na
To vaada phir todiye na

Maddie said...

hey... great for taking this up so quickly...I had real fun reading!

Girl of Destiny said...

@JK
yengeyo thooki vekringale?? suddenly damage pannida matinga la...;-)
JK.. you're welcome to take the tag! join the game!!

@ki.vi.
great to see you enjoy this :-)
'girlfriend' was the worst :-( --Revenge of the Much-Used WinAmp--

waiting eagerly for your set!!

@s.g.p
sure will do! that's quite a quick response!

@uma
oh.. is it? thanks guru!
that's a good quality i'd like in everyone! :-)

@maddie
all thanks to you! i had real good fun doing it :-)

King Vishy said...

Finally, I am done :)

Geez.. I am feelin like you are my tech lead and I have to submit deliverables to you every week!! :D

http://deeyendee.blogspot.com/2008/
05/un-paarvai-maelae-pattaal.html

Girl of Destiny said...

Vishy
Good lad... prompt with the deliv's! I wish my team were as prompt! :-)

Kavitha Jay said...

great songs selections :)...had fun reading it...thanks for dropping by my blog...:D

priti said...

Hey stole your tag from your blog :);)....and tagged myself on your behalf :)

JK said...

Mathi - Next time I will try. I have one MP3 player..it contains only Hindi Songs which is used by my friend.Also, I donno Hindi

Anonymous said...

dont have an ipod yet.. wud get myne in a weeks' time.. wud add it then... :-)

Vinod Pillai said...

It was fun to read. esp. the enakkoru girlfriend venumada bit. And yeah it was fun ( i was tagged by chitra)

Girl of Destiny said...

@mystery girl
had fun :-) glad u dropped in!!


@prits
that's my girl!! applaud your sportive spirit :-)

@jk
oh alright!! anytime you can!

@chriz
you know the game is not restricted to ipod right? any music player goes!

@v.p
welcome!!!
but why was my misery fun? :-(
;-)

Crazy on Bollywood said...

Very Very funny!!! Really cool!

Girl of Destiny said...

Cob, (I'm sorry but those are your initials!! )
thanks dude!! I enjoyed it majorly too! I invite you to take it up!!